[Snort-users] Snort rules touble.

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Jun 21 12:31:03 EDT 2002

Yes, it's also why snortrules.tar.gz contains a snort.conf,  so that you
can look at it for new things you need to include :)

I'd first get things up and running using the supplied rules.

If you then want to try using snortrules.tar.gz, try it, but be aware of
the pitfalls involved in assuming you can just use new .rules files with an
older.conf file ;)