[Snort-users] Snort & multi-port ethernet cards

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Thu Jun 20 11:19:07 EDT 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Tom Sevy wrote:

> Running various versions of snort, in the 1.8 range, I've tried to use two
> different multi-port ethernet adapters.

[...snip...]

Tom,

	One problem I ran into with a Sun qe4 card was that it had the same
MAC for each port on the card.  Now, that was with the old qe4 version--The
newer qfe4 has different MAC's for each port.  You might want to make sure
that the cards are on different physical segments and/or that the MACs are
different for each port.

	Good luck!

-----
Erek Adams