AW: [Snort-users] Snort & multi-port ethernet cards

Poppi, Sandro Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...
Thu Jun 20 08:08:08 EDT 2002

Tom,

I'm running snort with a dlink 4 port nic with RedHat 7.2. I had to add some
aliases into /etc/modules.conf like this (assuming eth0 - 3 for the 4 port
card and the driver is compiled as a module):

alias eth0 de4x5
alias eth1 de4x5
alias eth2 de4x5
alias eth3 de4x5

Also have a look into /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking where there
are some good documents regarding the driver for the nic which I suppose is
making trouble.

For Linux driver http://www.scyld.com/page/support/network/ is a great site.

Don't know about FreeBSD, sorry.

HTH,