[Snort-users] Acid MySQL problem

Larry Taylor lists at ...2694...
Thu Jun 20 00:09:02 EDT 2002

I have Snort installed on a Win2k Pro box. I have Acid running and I am
using MySQL to log the alerts. When I go into Acid, click on anything that
gets me to a Query window, and then select an alert ID, I go to the Alert
window. It takes a few seconds to come up, but then I get an error saying
Database ERROR: Access denied for user. 'snort at ...274...' to database
'snort'

This comes up after the Meta and IP sections. It looks like it timed out
bringing that info back due the access denied error.

All software is the most current available for the Win2k platform.

Has anyone seen this or know how to resolve it?

Thank you for any help.

Larry