[Snort-users] RE: Problems logging to syslog and mysql simultaneously

Steven Williams Steven.Williams at ...4864...
Wed Jun 19 19:33:02 EDT 2002

I've had exactly the same problem with my setup.

I can get snort to log to either Syslog locally or remotely, but not at the
same time as logging to the remote database.

I've tried both the -s options on the command line, and also Michaels
suggestions within snort.conf, but it will only let me have one or the
other, and the -s option does turn on or off the syslog option. Changing any
parameters with snort.conf don't seem to make any difference.

This is with snort 1.8.7-MySQL-Win32 Build 121 on W2K Server, using Kiwi
Syslog Server Ver 6.4.9. I am logging remotely to another W2K server also
running the same version of Kiwi and MySql 3.23.40.

Steve

---
This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.  If you
receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately.  Please also
disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies immediately.
Computershare Limited and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views
expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be
transmitted with this email

This email is also subject to copyright.  No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or
transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.