[Snort-users] Problems logging to syslog and mysql simultaneously

dlpassport at ...6137... dlpassport at ...6137...
Wed Jun 19 14:46:07 EDT 2002

I'm still experiencing the same problem logging to a local syslog, even with
the database logging disabled... it will only write there if i specify
the -s 127.0.0.1.  I've got a feeling I'm missing something obvious.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
DL

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 2:26 PM
To: dlpassport at ...6137...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Problems logging to syslog and mysql
simultaneously

Dallas,
You need to pickup a syslog server like Kiwi Syslog Server or a freeware
one:
Snip--Snip ->
For stability I would recommend 3com's free syslog server for Windowz
http://support.3com.com/software/utilities_for_windows_32_bit.htm <--
for a bunch of goodies
ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/utilbin/win32/3CSyslog.zip <-- for the syslog
server
It runs great on 2K & XP
This one may work:
http://www.cls.de/Default.asp
works well but randomly inserts fixed string in syslog output in
the freeware version.
<--snip-->
Hello list. I am running Snort 1.8.7-mysql-win32 and am having the
following problem.
I would like to log to the local mysql database as well as a remote
syslog.