[Snort-users] Problems logging to syslog and mysql simultaneously

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Wed Jun 19 12:25:09 EDT 2002

Dallas,

You need to pickup a syslog server like Kiwi Syslog Server or a freeware
one:

Snip--Snip ->

For stability I would recommend 3com's free syslog server for Windowz

http://support.3com.com/software/utilities_for_windows_32_bit.htm  <--
for a bunch of goodies

ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/utilbin/win32/3CSyslog.zip  <-- for the syslog
server

It runs great on 2K & XP

This one may work:

http://www.cls.de/Default.asp

works well but randomly inserts fixed string in syslog output in
the freeware version.

<- Snip--Snip

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...