[Snort-users] Where are portscans stored ?

Hilton De Meillon HDemeillon at ...5498...
Wed Jun 19 07:02:08 EDT 2002

Hey All,

Yesterday I changed my snort config to log its info to a Mysql database. Are
portscans now logged to the database or to the /var/log/snort/portscan.log
file ?,
because when I purposely portscan my machine form another machine (using
nmap) it picks them up in ACID ??.

Second question (semi-OT) : I am running ACID v0.9.6b21 and when I portscan
my box using nmap (tcp or udp scan) the status page says that the have
been no portscans  Anyone experiencing the same thing ?.

Hilton.

Hilton De Meillon
Brait IT
Tel.  011-5071342
Fax. 011-5071343
Cel.  082-4590710
hdemeillon at ...5498...

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein