[Snort-users] More WinPcap 2.3 and Win2k

Madziarczyk, Jonathan than at ...3657...
Tue Jun 18 09:27:04 EDT 2002

I've done a little digging and from what I can see this appears to be a
WinPcap problem, I tried windump -D and I get the same error, so it's not
snort specific.  Also one thing I didn't mention previously was that my
snort -W shows what I think is nothing.  There are 4 nics in my machine and
all I see is this:

C:\Snort>snort -W

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 1.8.7-MySQL-WIN32 (Build 121)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)
1.7-WIN32 Port By Michael Davis (mike at ...92...,
www.datanerds.net/~mike)
1.8-WIN32 Port By Chris Reid (chris.reid at ...3029...)
1.8-WIN32 Compiled By Michael Steele (michaels at ...155...,
www.siliconde
fense.com)
          (based on code from 1.7 port)

Interface       Device          Description
1

C:\Snort>

For some reason I think this interface 1 is a loopback.

Hope this info is of some use.

Peace,
Jon M

"(Anakin) Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me someday"
--ObiWan