[Snort-users] WinPcap 2.3 and Win2k

Madziarczyk, Jonathan than at ...3657...
Tue Jun 18 07:49:06 EDT 2002

I installed using the procedure for Win32/Apache/ACID on the SiliconDefense
website and the links it provided to the installer.  Snort was installed by
extracting it and copying to the requested directories.  WinPcap was an
installer and I didn't see any errors on install.  Now for what it's worth,
I also ran the Windows Update feature and put all the latest security
patches on Win2000.

JonM

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 7:50 PM
To: 'Madziarczyk, Jonathan'
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] WinPcap 2.3 and Win2k

Jon,

I don't know what in the heck is going on as there are a LOT of people
having this problem. How did you install Snort? Did you use an installer?
Did you manually install Snort and WinPcap? I've fixed a multitude of these
errors in the past couple of weeks.
mailto:michaels at ...155... <mailto:michaels at ...155...>
<http://www.silicondefense.com>
Snort: Open Source Network IDS - http://www.snort.org <http://www.snort.org>