[Snort-users] snort occupy all cpu time?

Vincent Chen vcba79 at ...6112...
Mon Jun 17 20:10:25 EDT 2002

Dear all,

I am running snort on amd 486-100 box which equipped cheap
realtek network adapter. Platform is freebsd and snort is monitoring
tun0 interface for an ADSL link. After running a while, this sensor
occupy all CPU time or give me the following message:

Jun 17 18:01:33 bach /kernel: pid 20399 (snort), uid 2: exited on signal 11
Jun 17 18:01:33 bach /kernel: tun0: promiscuous mode disabled

snort exist so often, I have to write a script to monitor it. Any similar
experience or solution for this?

Thanks,