[Snort-users] WinPcap 2.3 and Win2k

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Mon Jun 17 17:50:04 EDT 2002

Jon,

I don't know what in the heck is going on as there are a LOT of people
having this problem. How did you install Snort? Did you use an
installer? Did you manually install Snort and WinPcap? I've fixed a
multitude of these errors in the past couple of weeks.

mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of
Madziarczyk, Jonathan
Sent: June 17, 2002 2:39 PM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] WinPcap 2.3 and Win2k

I'm setting up a new install of Snort on Win2k and I'm getting the
"ERROR: OpenPcap( ) device open: Error opening adapter: Overlapped I/O
operation is in progress.  Fatal Error, Quitting.."

The FAQ says this can be due to an old incompatible, or uninstalled
version of WinPcap.  I'm using 2.3 and the install appears to be running
successfully. Is there any way I can check to make sure it is, or is
this already a known issue?

Thanks,
JonM