[Snort-users] Testing tools

Scot Scot scotw at ...125...
Sun Jun 16 07:50:02 EDT 2002

Use Nessus (not to shabby for freeware scanner) to test your IDS's.

http://www.nessus.org/

It runs on a *nix platform, but there is a windows management interface.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DoL
  To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 11:09 AM
  Subject: [Snort-users] Testing tools

  Hi All

  I have almost finished setting up and would like to test drive it.  I heard a tool "Fragrouter" for testing IDS, however, this company has been acquired by NFR lately and I could not find the download path anymore.

  Here are the others suggested by whitehats.com
  1. stick
  2. IDSwakeup 1.0

  Does anyone has any suggestion on testing tools? or has an reliable download site for Fragrouter please?

  Thanks
  /dl