[Snort-users] Snort front ends

Jerry Shenk jshenk at ...514...
Thu Jun 13 17:44:56 EDT 2002

Very cool!  That's perfect.  That's just about perfect!  I only have one
sensor box (public (read-only) and private ports).  Thanks!!

Thanks to Steven Scott for putting the document together!

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristopher Czachor [mailto:czachor at ...5935...]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 9:42 AM
To: jas at ...6072...
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort front ends

I'm using Snort + MySQL + ACID for monitoring my network and it's pretty
straight forward to use and implement. One of the users on this list
wrote some nice documentation on how he got the ACID set up and working.
You can find the documentation at http://home.earthlink.net/~sjscott007/
. Although I didn't use this documentation, I did look it over and it
seemed pretty through. Of course, I'm assuming that you're going to be
using the Linux distribution. I'm not using the windows so if you're
planning on using that that particular document won't apply.

HTH,
Kris