[Snort-users] [ANN] HenWen 1.0 for Snort

Nick Zitzmann nickzman at ...3027...
Thu Jun 13 15:42:07 EDT 2002

I released HenWen 1.0 earlier today. We're out of beta now; this
version is ready to run in production environments.

You can download it directly here:
<http://home.attbi.com/~rickzman/software/HenWen1.0.sit.bin> Or
you can copy it from my public iDisk folder (nickzman).

 From the manual: HenWen is a network security package for Mac OS
X that makes it easy to configure and run Snort, a free Network
Intrusion Detection System (NIDS). HenWen's goal is to simplify
setting up and maintaining software that will scan network
traffic for undesirable traffic a firewall may not block.
Everything you need to have is bundled in; there is no compiling
or command line use necessary.

HenWen also comes with LetterStick, a real-time Snort alert
monitor and processor. LetterStick can immediately warn you if
Snort suspects someone is trying to hack into your Mac, it can
E-Mail alerts, and it also provides some statistics.

HenWen requires Mac OS X 10.1.4 for PPP connections, and 10.0
for other types of connections. I'd like to do a Linux port, but
I haven't yet successfully compiled GNUstep for Linux...

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/