[Snort-users] linker cannot find mysqlclient

Tilo Schneider <T.Schneider@...6060...> t.schneider at ...6060...
Wed Jun 12 08:35:08 EDT 2002

I get this error message when i try to compile snort with mysql support:

ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient

I figured out that the Version of mysql i want to use (3.23.48-Max)
includes an archive file named libmysqlclient.a
Is this the file the linker can't find?

Do i have to change settings in the Makefile (i.e. CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS,
LIBS) or how will i be able to use the mysql output option?

I use SuSE Linux 8.0. Other header files are located in /usr/include,
/usr/lib. libmysql.a is placed at /usr/lib/mysql/

I would be deeply grateful for a hint after the whole day staring at
configure, Makefile, the gcc and ld manpages and trying out things which
doesn't work...

Tilo