[Snort-users] Practical Limits on Snort/MySQL?

Michael J Worden mjworden at ...2784...
Sun Jun 9 16:50:02 EDT 2002

I'm curious if anyone has run into any practical limits on the number of
Snort IDS systems reporting in to a single MySQL database.  I'm looking to
centralise the logging  (viewable via ACID) and would like to see if anyone
has practical experience with the practical ceiling on number of hosts
reporting to a single database.  (other than the normal, "make sure your
database/logging system is scaled appropriately" advice -- I've been bitten
by that one already).

Mike Worden