[Snort-users] Dr. Watson when Logging in Binary Mode

Parker, Ian parker.ian at ...6018...
Fri Jun 7 12:51:04 EDT 2002

I have Snort 1.8.7 with MySql support and the latest WinPcap running on a
Windows XP Pro machine. When logging in ASCII mode, everything is fine.
However, when I switch to binary mode, I get the following errors:

The application, C:\Snort\snort.exe, generated an application error The
error occurred on 06/07/2002 @ 13:35:49.967 The exception generated was
c0000005 at address 77F51C96 (ntdll!RtlpWaitForCriticalSection)

Faulting application snort.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll,
version 5.1.2600.0, fault address 0x00001c96.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any ideas what might be happening?

Ian Parker, MCP, MCSE, MCP+Internet, GCWN

Senior Systems Analyst
Upgrading Plant Computing
Syncrude Canada Ltd

(780)790-4631