[Snort-users] Best real-time alerting tool

Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) Paul.Sheahan at ...2218...
Wed Jun 5 09:11:07 EDT 2002

I'm looking for tips on downloading and installing Demarc. I went to
www.demarc.com and it appears there is just a version of Snort
(Snort-1.8.6-db) available for download. Does this have the Demarc product
built into it or something?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Devon Harding - GTHLA [mailto:DHarding at ...5481...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:23 AM
To: 'Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Best real-time alerting tool

http://www.demarc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) [mailto:Paul.Sheahan at ...2218...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 8:02 PM
To: Snort List (E-mail)
Subject: [Snort-users] Best real-time alerting tool

I'm starting research for the best real time alerting tool for Snort and
want to get feedback from everyone. I'm looking for the following features,
can anyone recommend a product or products? I need these features:

*	Real time window where I can watch alerts as they occur
*	Real time alerting option via email and/or pager for alerts I choose
*	Best tool for correlation and historical analysis of data across
multiple Snort sensors

Thanks!

Paul Sheahan
Manager of Information Security