[Snort-users] smtp rcpt to overflow

Ted Stringer teds at ...5847...
Wed Jun 5 08:15:02 EDT 2002

I just commented it out in the smtp.rules file.

Ted

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 10:54, Hugh Brown wrote:

    I get the same alert all the time...curiously enough it mostly comes
    from a server at debian aimed at one of my mail servers (none of them
    lotus) so it appears to be, at least on the surface, legitimate traffic.

    Hugh

    -----Original Message-----
    From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
    [mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Hugo Ferr
    Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 10:45 AM
    To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
    Subject: [Snort-users] smtp rcpt to overflow

    'SMTP RCPT TO' overflow is buffer overflow for Lotus Sevrers. I have
    7444 entries for the same exploit but I have sendmail server. All 744
    come form the same address, it looks like guy is pretty persistent or he
    just cannot figuer out that this is not a Lotus server :-) Just want to
    double-check: this exploit cannnot cause any damage to sendmail systems,
    right?

    Snort-users list archive:

    Snort-users list archive: