[Snort-users] Which rules to use for snort ?

Ronald Nutter rnutter at ...5992...
Mon Jun 3 14:20:09 EDT 2002

No reason to use the other.  Just saw another rules set available and that
caused me to ask the question.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Sage
To: Ronald Nutter
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: 6/3/02 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Which rules to use for snort ?

I would answer your question with another:

Why would you not use the rules that come with the distribution, at
least until you're up and running and understand what's going on?

http://snort.sourcefire.com/about.html

http://snort.sourcefire.com/dl/

http://snort.sourcefire.com/dl/signatures/

What's not to love?

- John
--
Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures.