[Snort-users] I'd rather not get the message

matt mkettler at ...4108...
Mon Jun 3 09:17:08 EDT 2002

If you are referring to the message "Re: [Snort-users] portscsan.log
summary." I'd agree, that attachment is perfectly valid. There is no
suspicious extension, and no virus code present, no reason other than
accidental misconfiguration or blatant "wrong headedness" to block the
attachment.

I personally suspect accidental misconfiguration (ie: a list of allowed and
denied extensions that is buggy when there is no extension at all.) as I
find it hard to believe any mail admin intentionally block text-formatted
perl script attachments. There are a lot of wrong-headed sysadmins out
there (ie myself) but I find that one more wrong-headed than I would belive.