[Snort-users] Strange logging problem

Ed McMan essmilee at ...5068...
Sun Jun 2 06:09:02 EDT 2002

I am using snort 1.8.7 on Windows with SnortIDS center.  For a few
weeks, snort worked great, without problems.  Now, however, it will
log two or three events, and then stop.  IDS center still says there
is an alert, but nothing happens to the log file.  Deleting the log
file, or rebooting will make it start over again; it will do two or
three events and then stop.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I
don't even have any ideas what the reason could be.. probably a
windows bug or something.. but I'm not sure why it hasn't effected
anyone else.. any help or ideas appreciated.

|Eddie J Schwartz <EdMcMan at ...2893...> http://www.m00.net|
|   AIM: The Cypher ICQ: 35576339 YHOO: edmcman2 MSN: ^^    |
| "We Trills have an expression--at forty, you think you    |
| know everything.  At four hundred, you realize you know   |
|         nothing." - Dax, Star Trek Deep Space 9           |