[Snort-users] Stable Snort Rules fails?

matt mkettler at ...4108...
Sat Jun 1 12:28:11 EDT 2002

It sounds like Juan is using one of the rule management tools that has an
unfortunate 'feature' in it's default mode.

I forget the name of the tool offhand, and in a quick search i could not
find the information I needed, however as I recall there is a rules
management tool that will by default uncomment all rules in the downloaded
set prior to merging it with the existing set. There's a commandline switch
to inhibit this behavior.

I recall this being discussed on-list several months ago, the author of the
tool had commented on-list that he wished he had made the "don't uncomment
rules" behavior the default.