[Snort-users] Snort Red hat 7.2, ACID, MySQL.

Brian Ertel bsertel at ...4207...
Tue Jul 30 07:43:04 EDT 2002

Presently we have the system up and running.  Now, it seems
that ACID displays the totality of what is contained in MySQL.
Is there a way to, lets say every 24 hours, dump the information
snorted in that past 24 hours into MySQL and have ACID only display
what is presently being snorted?  For example, if I activate Snort
on Monday morning at 8:30am, can I configure Snort or ACID or MySQL
to (on Tues. morning at say 8:15am) take that past 24 hours worth
of info store it away in MySQL so that ACID only displays what is
presently being Snorted, i.e. starting at 8:30 Tues morning?

Any thoughts?

Brian Ertel
Systems & Networking
Network Administrator