[Snort-users] I need help with network address setup

Steve Jacobsen steve at ...6480...
Tue Jul 30 06:27:03 EDT 2002

I'm just getting snort setup and have run some probes against my network
but it only sends alerts on the IP address of my snort machine. I am
using IDScenter 1.09 Beta2 to configure and run snort.

Under log settings I set home network to: xxx.xxx.xxx.78/32 (the IP
address of my snort machine) and I get some alerts.

Under the IDS rules I set the Network vaiables as follows:

Home_net 		xxx.xxx.xxx.64/27 (I have the 64 to 95 range)
External_Net	any
Smtp			$home_net
Http_servers	$home_net
Sql_servers		$home_net