[Snort-users] anyone succeeded using "react" option!!?

Andreas Hasenack andreas at ...1574...
Mon Jul 29 12:43:05 EDT 2002

Em Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 12:12:50PM -0700, funky escreveu:
> option, i wanna use "react" for blocking the requests
> and sending message to the browser but it only logs,
> doesn't block :(
> Anyone avanced in these options and can help me?

Sometimes it doesn't work. There is a race here: snort sees
the traffic "in parallel" and has to react. If the target
machine answers first tere is nothing snort can do about it.

Unless you run something like hogwash (see sourceforge or
freshmeat).