[Snort-users] IP Question

Thu Jul 25 14:32:02 EDT 2002

You can place a pass rule anywhere that you want--local.rules, pass.rules, snort.conf, etc.  If you auto-update rules files, you'll want to put it in a file that won't be overwritten (i.e., pass.rules).

Also, if you want to flat out ignore *everything* to and from that host, you can add a filter (not host x.x.x.x) at the command-line.