[Snort-users] Activeworx IDS Policy Manager

Shifflett, Shawn SShifflett at ...6449...
Thu Jul 25 12:19:03 EDT 2002

	I am currently using it in my environment.  So far I have had
excellent success in using it to manage several sensors with multiple NICs
per sensor.  Very easy to use.  The only semi-complaint that I have had with
the product is that once you use IDS Policy Manager to make any changes to
your 'snort.conf' file it strips all of the comments from the conf file
itself.  Not a big deal for me personally as I'm used to modifying
'snort.conf' locally from the command line, but if I were to introduce
someone else to the conf file for local administration it would be a minor
headache to have to constantly reference the Snort documentation instead of
just reading the comments.
	All in all, however, I am pleased with the software.

	-S

-----Original Message-----
From: spyguy [mailto:spyguy703 at ...741...]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 2:34 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Activeworx IDS Policy Manager

Does anyone here use Activeworx IDS Policy Manager?

If yes, how do you like it?

[snip]

ATTENTION:  This email may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and
notify the sender immediately. Thank you.