[Snort-users] FreeBSD or NetBSD for a sensor

Thu Jul 25 11:26:03 EDT 2002

Personal preference, really.  I haven't done any metrics, but I can say with some degree of certainty that the difference between any *BSD is sure to be negligible.  OpenBSD is probably the crowd favorite, mainly because it's easy to strip down and secure as hell with minimal tinkering.  Speed might be a debatable topic, if we were talking *BSD vs. [Insert MS Crap Operating System Here], but since we're not...

Why not try 'em all and see what you like?  It won't cost you anything!