[Snort-users] Snort for windows run as service command

Madden, Daniel Daniel.Madden at ...6440...
Wed Jul 24 18:03:02 EDT 2002

Hi Dave,

If you are executing the command line you show below, you need to put spaces in, for example:

"C:\Snort>snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c c:\snort\snort.conf -l c:\snort\logs -i3"

The tilde denotes the space => "C:\Snort>snort~/SERVICE~/INSTALL etc..."

If you are using spaces, then ignore this message...will research...

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: doswald at ...6357... [mailto:doswald at ...6357...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 7:56 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort for windows run as service command

I get the following error when I try to configure snort to run as a service
.

the command I run "C:\Snort>snort/SERVICE/INSTALL -c c:\snort\snort.conf -l
c:\snort\logs -i3"

The error I get

"Format for command line variable definitions is:
 -S var=value
Fatal Error, Quitting.."

I have tried using lowercase /service/install and snort does start but it
is still not running as a service

any idea what the problem is ?

Dave Oswald
Network Engineer
(402) 926-5789
Cell (402) 510-5786

Nexterna, Inc.
Manage Your Mobile Resources
www.nexterna.com

NEXTERNA E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is intended to be strictly confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy
or disseminate this information. If you have received this in error, please
reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.