[Snort-users] static compilation

funky azimlinux at ...131...
Wed Jul 24 04:05:02 EDT 2002

Hi,

I tried to set the LDFLAGS to "-static" as you said,
but nothing has changed. The snort binary file seems
to be still dynamically linked.

I exactly did as below:
1 - ./configure
2 - I edited the "Makefile" and changed LDFLAGS to
"-static" (also tried yours, in fact they are same:)
3 - make
4 - make install
5 - still dynamically linked :((((

I also tried to set the both CFLAGS & LDFLAGS to
"-static" but no difference :(

Which version of snort are you using? Maybe there's a
bug related with that in 1.8.7

thanx

funky
IStanbul