[Snort-users] RE: error configuring Run as Service for snort

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Tue Jul 23 11:49:03 EDT 2002

David,

Try this:

C:\Snort>snort /SERVICE/INSTALL -c c:\snort\snort.conf -l c:\snort\logs
-i3

Make sure you are in the snort folder when you execute this command.

 -Michael

 mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: David_C._Oswald at ...6357... [mailto:David_C._Oswald at ...6357...]

Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 10:38 AM
To: michaels at ...155...
Subject: error configuring Run as Service for snort

Michael, I get the following error when I try to configure snort to run
as
a service following your instructions

C:\Snort>snort/SERVICE/INSTALL -c c:\snort\snort.conf -l c:\snort\logs
-i3

Format for command line variable definitions is:
 -S var=value
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I have tried using lowercase /service/install and snort does start but
it
is still not running as a service

any idea what the problem is ?