[Snort-users] running snort questions

Daniel Lopez dlopez at ...6134...
Tue Jul 23 09:53:07 EDT 2002

Hello,

I would like to start Snort when my computer boots.
Thus, I have to configure it to run in daemon mode, haven't I?

Then, I would like to run it on a Debian 3.0 machine in promiscuous
mode.
The problem that I have is that in order to configure my network card
without
an ip-address I cannot use the standard's Debian /etc/network/interfaces
since
the ifup and ifdown expect some more information there than it is
needed.

Thus, should I use a script? If it is right, do you know if somebody has
already written one? :)
Thanks a lot for your help!

Daniel Lopez