[Snort-users] Problems with installation

Eduard San Anselmo esananselmo at ...6002...
Mon Jul 22 10:24:02 EDT 2002

Hello everyone: I'm a newbie and I'm trying to install Snort 1.8.7 on my
RH Linux 7.2 with Postgresql support and I'm having lots of problems
with it. I've tried to install Snort from the RPM at the downloads
section (binaries), and I've installed Postgresql from the Red Hat cd's.
The problem arises when I try to follow the instructions from any of the
papers at the documentation section, because I can't find some scripts
like create_postgresql, so I can't even create the logging database for
Snort.
Should I remove what is installed and install from source? If not, what
should I do?
Thanks in advance.