[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.7 with oracle

Mon Jul 22 07:31:03 EDT 2002

It's just a notification that Oracle didn't return any rows, even though
the code asked for the first returned row.  It means that a new
signature was added to the signature table.  Nothing wrong...

-----Original Message-----
From: Schlottmann, Philipp, HO
[mailto:Philipp.Schlottmann at ...6359...]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 9:08 AM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 1.8.7 with oracle

I've built snort with oracle, snmp and openssl.
I've created the database schema using the
/sourcedir/contrib/create_oracle.sql with sqlplus client.
I configured the snort.conf with database output.

Starting snort I get the following output if forcing a trigger with nmap
portscan:

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 1.8.7 (Build 128)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)
database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

What is wrong?

Thanks

Philipp Schlottmann