[Snort-users] snort and windows 2000

Kim Ferguson Kim.Ferguson at ...6402...
Mon Jul 22 06:17:06 EDT 2002

Hi
I am trying to set up Snort  1.8.7 with windows 2000 and service pack 2.  I cannot get it to run.  I keep getting errors:

I am getting the *.dll errors cannot find ntwdblib.dll or I get cannot find wncap.dll
If I run a command (example: ./snort -v)I get the error:

command is not recognizable

Can you please just tell me what to download, what version?  What do I need to set up Snort?  I have Visio 2000 Enterprise which loads MSSQL automatically.

Also I have all of the latest Microsoft hotfixes and security patches.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks
Kim