[Snort-users] Snort-1.8.7 detection problems

Wojtek Sobola wsobola at ...6389...
Sat Jul 20 02:36:03 EDT 2002

Hello.

I've started to use snort-1.8.7 with Acid (everything from package).
There's seem to be problem with capturing protocols.
My system is rh-7.2 (up2date) with pcap 0.7.1 and mysql-3.23.49-3
(complete).
Compilation, etc, seem to be ok. There's no different version of pcap.
Effect is that i get only icmp (not firewall problem) captured packets.
I can say that my previous version of snort had no problems with tcp/icmp,
but was similar problem with udp. This is not a problem of sql too,
because normal logging
give the same. This is strange for me that every version of snort has
problems in my case with capturing specific protocol.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Wojtek Sobola