[Snort-users] RE: ICMP PING speedera

Jim Burwell jimb at ...6373...
Fri Jul 19 14:00:07 EDT 2002

You'll see these speedera pings whenever someone inside your site
contacts a speedera hosted web site.  From my brief reading their of
their web site, it apparently uses these pings to figure out the best
path to your user and direct him/her to the server which offers the best
throughput/latency.

It's potentially not the only thing that generates this pings though.  I
have a ping program ('coolping') which also triggers the speedera rule.

- Jim