[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.7b6 not listen to BPF filters

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Jul 19 11:43:02 EDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Michael Scheidell wrote:

> I have had the same problem since 1.8.6.x
> Sent in several requests for guidance, none of them have been very helpful
> so far.

A couple of things here:

	1)  Update to 1.8.7 since it's been released and has many bugfixes
backported from 1.9 into it.
	2)  try it without using a "file".

		snort <options> 'not host foo'
	3)  compile with debug and set DEBUG_INIT and DEBUG_CONFIGURES, then
fire off with and without using the -F option.  See if there's anything odd
going on.

Cause the wierd part is I don't have a problem with BPF's working.  Could it
be your pcap?  I'm using the 0.7.1.tar.gz from tcpdump.org.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy