[Snort-users] Re: REMOVE PLEASE IMMEDIATELY

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Fri Jul 19 09:45:02 EDT 2002

1) I don't control this list, so don't mail me about it. I'm just a
subscriber, don't mail me directly

2) this list is a sourcforge list, all of these lists are confirmed
subscribe with reply required. NOBODY, absolutely NOBODY, other than
someone who can receive mail address to you could have possibly subscribed
you to this list, because nobody else could know the confirmation code.
Besides, who would want to involuntarily subscribe you to a product
support/technical usage mailing list?

3) (somewhat off topic) if your mailserver gets clogged by the low traffic
level of snort-users, you need help and lots of it.

4) if you read your mail headers there's an unsubscribe link. You'll need
the account password you created when you subscribed, but there's a bit in
there to get the system to email you your password if you don't already
know it. Yes the password makes it harder to remove yourself, but it is
damn-near impossible for someone to have involuntarily subscribed you in
the first place, and the password makes sure your aren't involuntarily dropped.

the "mail me my password" part is at the bottom.

if you really need to reach the list admin that email address is:
snort-users-admin at ...314...