[Snort-users] ACID Alert Cache Empty

Imran William Smith iwsmith at ...487...
Thu Jul 18 18:16:02 EDT 2002

ACID Alert Cache EmptyThe algorithm acid uses is something like

for each sensor
    get highest sid in acid_event table     -> (call it acid_event_max_sid)

    for all rows in event where event.sid > acid_event_max_sid
        insert corresponding rows into acid_event
    end for
end for

This all has to happen this way, because MySQL does not handle the
where not exists (subquery) structure, which would mean the whole thing could
be done in a single query.

So my guess is some auto-increment problem is stopping the insert happening,
Acid somehow thinks acid_event is already full.  You could try dropping and recreate the
acid_event table.  That might probably solve it.  Because when you
say 'rebuilding', I presume you mean 'rebuilding' in the frontend, rather than a
drop ; create operation.  So you've totally reset the snort schema, but not the acid
schema.

--
Imran William Smith
Security Products Development