Out of Office AutoReply: [Snort-users] Signature Database is Gone [OT or Administrivia?]

J. Craig Woods drjung at ...5405...
Thu Jul 18 13:10:04 EDT 2002

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:56:26PM -0500, Moyer, Shawn wrote:
> >
> > As an aside, here at my company we have the auto-reply stuff configured at
> > the server level to work on internal mails only. Out-of-office replies to
> > external parties make you a sitting duck for social engineering. Suprising
> > that this hasn't occured to folks who are subscribed to a security mailing
> > list.
>
> There's a nice article by RUS-CERT about exactly that.
> http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/ticker/article.php?mid=882

Hey, great page! Just one problem for me. I do not read German. And that
is why E. Husserl has always both intrigued and perplexed me.

Thanks,
drjung

--
J. Craig Woods