[Snort-users] PostgreSQL Database Error

Clausing, James A (Jim), SOLCM jac at ...1982...
Thu Jul 18 10:19:03 EDT 2002

	When I have seen this error, it turned out to be the literal truth,
there were 2 snort processes running and trying to report the same event
(the consequence of starting a new instance before killing the old instance,
so that no events would be lost).

---Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Hughes [mailto:hughbria at ...5864...]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 3:47 PM
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] PostgreSQL Database Error

Hi Everyone,

I've installed Snort version 1.8.7 and am using postgresql version
7.1.3-2 and Acid version 0.9.6b21.  Everything appears to work, but
periodically I see the following message on the acid_main screen:

Database ERROR:Database ERROR:ERROR: Cannot insert a dublicate key into
unique index acid_event_pkey.

Then in a couple of minutes the error will go away and all will be fine
only to have it reappear some time later.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Brian