[Snort-users] Rulesets

Matt Yackley Matt.Yackley at ...5858...
Thu Jul 18 07:15:09 EDT 2002

What version of Snort are you running 1.8.x or 1.9.x, if 1.8.x did you
download snortrules or snortrules-current?  snortrules-current is for 1.9.x.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Harms [mailto:brandonharms at ...6352...]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 8:35 AM
To: Snort
Subject: [Snort-users] Rulesets

I am using RedHat 7.2 with mysql support. I got snort working except it
seems to be having problems with the rulesets. It doesn't like the word
"flow" in the rules. It will give an error message:
"scan.rules => Unknown keyword "flow" in rule!". It does it for all the
rules containing the word. Any ideas?

Brandon Harms
South Dakota Library Network
brandonharms at ...6352...