[Snort-users] Starting snort

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...950...
Thu Jul 18 06:24:10 EDT 2002

David_C._Oswald at ...6357... wrote:
>  Yes I did  I am following the instructions "Snort, MySQL., Redhat 7.2
> prepared by Steven Scott"
>
> in the instructions ther are some changes to the deamon
> /usr/local/bin/snort line in the file, I addess the -o per the instructions

Then I would guess that you added the -o immediately after the -u on
that commandline.  Move that to immediately before (ie.  "-o -u snort"
instead of "-u -o snort") and you should be fine.  Having never heard of
these instructions that you use, I can not attest to how accurate or
complete they are.

-A