[Snort-users] Starting snort

doswald at ...6357... doswald at ...6357...
Thu Jul 18 05:01:01 EDT 2002

I am just setting up snort on a linux 7.3 server with mysql as the
database, when I try to start snort I get the following error

"Starting Snort: user "-o" unknown

I am new to both Linux and Snort and I am trying to following the online
install instructions, I have looked in the snort.conf file but I find no
reference to the user "-o", where do I find this configuration ?.

Dave Oswald
Network Engineer
(402) 926-5789
Cell (402) 510-5786

Nexterna, Inc.
Manage Your Mobile Resources
www.nexterna.com

NEXTERNA E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is intended to be strictly confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy
or disseminate this information. If you have received this in error, please
reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message. Unauthorized
interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.