[Snort-users] RE: IDScenter Anomaly

L. Christopher Luther CLuther at ...6333...
Tue Jul 16 11:58:07 EDT 2002

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll keep an eye open for the next release of
IDScenter.

- Christopher

-----Original Message-----
From: Kistler Ueli [mailto:iuk at ...1171...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 2:44 PM
To: L. Christopher Luther
Cc: Snort Users
Subject: Re: IDScenter Anomaly

I will add buttons to change the order.
Currently i'm coding a rule editor .. works well (Classification config file
can also be edited using the frontend).

Release date not fixed yet (i'm working hard for my studies test soon..
sorry)

Regards,
 Ueli Kistler
 eclipse at ...5277...
 www.packx.net

--

L. Christopher Luther wrote:

Hello,

I'm a new user to IDScenter, but almost immediately, I noticed that
IDScenter has a tendency to sort the list of included Snort rule files.  Is
this a feature or an anomaly?

My vote, btw, is that it is an anomaly because I want to specifically
control the order in which the rules are included and processed by the Snort
binary.

Sincerely,

L. Christopher Luther
Technical Consultant
Xybernaut Solutions, Inc.
(703) 506-0400 x230
cluther at ...6331... <mailto:cluther at ...6331... >
http://www.xybernautsolutions.com <http://www.xybernautsolutions.com>

My PGP Public Key:
http://keyserver.pgp.com/pks/lookup?op=get
<http://keyserver.pgp.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x21261B88>
&search=0x21261B88

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This communication contains
information that is confidential and/or legally privileged.
This information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named on this communication. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, printing or other use of, or any action
in reliance on, the contents of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you receive this communication in error, please
immediately notify us by telephone at (703) 506-0400.

Unsolicited commercial e-mail will automatically be reported
to the appropriate abuse@ - without exception.