[Snort-users] No table creation within SNORT databse

Matt Furminger mattfurminger at ...125...
Tue Jul 16 06:59:05 EDT 2002

DATABASE TABLES NOT BEING CREATED FROM SCRIPT

I have stared at this for too long and can no longer see the wood for the
trees. This is the deal:
* I cannot create the tables within snort using the standard script
"create_mysql". There is a permission error but it does not makes sense
why.(and 'yes', CAPS LOCK is off)  ;)

Any help would be greatly apprecited.

PRESENT SCENARIO:
Created snort database. (snort databse was created in lower case)
Created user:  grant INSERT,SELECT,CREATE,DELETE on snort.* to
snort at ...274... identified by "snort";
	User created successfully. User table in Mysql database is populated with
user 'snort'
Attempt to create database tables with:  mysql -u snort snort <
c:\snort\create_mysql
	ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'snort at ...274...' (Using password: NO)

CONFIG DETAILS:
SNORT 	- 1.8.7b121
WinPcap	- 2.3
MySQL	- 3.23.40
PHP	- 4.1.1
PHPlot	- 4.4.6
ADODB	- 1.72
ACID	- 0.9.6b21

For completeness, I have included SNORT.CONF & ACID_CONF.PHP
SNORT.CONF - output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort
dbname=snort host=localhost
acid_conf.php -
$alert_dbname   = "snort";
$alert_host     = "localhost";