[Snort-users] FW: Flex Response on Win32 - MY BAD?

Beech, Martin Martin.Beech at ...6328...
Tue Jul 16 05:36:10 EDT 2002

What I forget to mention was that the FTP server was running on the SNORT
machine, and that the FTP client was on my SYSLOG server (two machines, on
my desk that are "safe" to play around with), to which SNORT forwards
alerts.

If I use another machine to connect to the FTP server and try to get a file
named "passwd" the connection is dropped as expected.

Presumably, the sending of the syslog message negates the ICMP* messages -
i.e. both machines know they can reach other, cos they just sent/recv a
syslog message. But what about the closing down of the FTP port?

Martin

are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee, you must
not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission.

Although this message and its contents have been scanned for viruses and no
viruses were detected, no responsibility whatsoever is accepted by the
Company, or any of its offices or companies for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use thereof.

If you have received this email in error please delete this message and
notify the Polk System Administrator at postmaster at ...6326...